The search feature allows users to search for all files that have been scanned by the system, offering a variety of search filter options to choose from. Each of these search filters provides many operators to narrow down the search criteria, and allows for nested queries to be performed, allowing the system to locate specific files quickly and efficiently. This feature can search the entire system or a specific folder, depending on which node or folder is selected at the time the search is performed.
File Search Process
- Choose which node/folder to perform the search on, by clicking on it in the navigation tree, located on the left-hand side. Once selected, it will appear with a yellowish background color to indicate that it is selected.
Please Note: It is important to select the correct node/folder. The system will only search for files contained within that specific node/folder selected.
2. Click on the Files tab in the top navigation menu. If not already located on this tab, the system will navigate to the File tab in the system.
3. Click on the first search filter drop-down field and then click on one of the search options listed. Once the search filter is selected, the menu will disappear and the selection will appear inside the field.
Please Note: All filters that contain a side arrow icon, directly to the right of the filter’s name, indicates there are more options to choose from within that filter subject.
4. Click on the second search filter drop-down field and then click on one of the operators listed. Once the operator is selected, the menu will disappear and the selection will appear inside the field.
Please Note: This field is dynamic and offers different operators depending on the first search filter’s selection.
5. Click on the third field and enter the search criteria. This field will vary, depending on the selections of the first two drop-down fields. Once the information is entered or selected, it will appear inside of the field.
- For Example: If searching for a File Name → Enter the keyword contained in file name.
- For Example: If searching for a File by date → Field will become drop-down calendar to select a date range from.
6. Once all search criteria has been properly entered into the search filter drop-down fields, click the Search button to preform the search.
7. The results of the search will display in the window, directly below the search filter fields.
File Search Feature Links
- Quickly view metadata for each file displayed in search results
- Easily export search results to PDF or Microsoft Excel files
- View search results in the four offered formats: List, Details, Icon or Content
- Customize search results by adding or removing data columns
- Save searches in report form for even faster searching
- Instantly share search results with other Aparavi users, using the Get Link to Results feature
- Manually Export Files from File Search (*2.0 Beta Feature Only*)