Get link to results
To generate a link to the results of your query that, once configured, will be saved to your computer and later used to generate and download the results based on the query that you have created.
- First, navigate to the Files tab and create the query parameters for your search.
- Once you have fine-tuned your query and have achieved the search results that you want, it is time to get a link to those results.
- Select the Get Link to Results icon (see below image for location). This will pop up a modal window where you can configure how those query results will be output from the generated URL.
- After configuring the properties of the URL you can choose to save the URL to your local computer as a file or in the clipboard.
- Export type – select the output format for your query results. The options are csv and json formats.
- Stream – the maximum number of query results returned is 25,000. If your results are greater than this limit, you can use the Stream option to paginate your results per URL (25,000 max for each link generated). By default the Stream option is enabled.
- Start results at – Enter the position to start the query results.
- Number of results – Enter the number of results to include, starting from the Start results at value.
- Save to Clipboard – selecting this button will save the generated URL to your local computer’s clipboard.
- Save to File – selecting this button will save the generated URL to a file on your local computer (location determined by your browser setting for downloads).
- Query results are less than 25,000
After building your query, the results are 10,000. You select the Get Link to Results icon and configure the link to return the results in json format, unselect the Stream option (since your results can be returned from just one URL), and click Save to Clipboard so you can paste the URL in a new browser tab.
- Query results are greater than 25,000
After building your query, the results are 70,000. You select the Get Link to Results icon and configure the link to return the results in csv format, keep the Stream option selected (since your results must be spread across 3 URLs). For this first URL you are creating, you input 0 for Start results at and 25,000 for Number of results. You then click Save to File so you can store this URL for later use.
You then select the Get Link to Results icon a second time, again choosing to return the results in csv format, and keep the Stream option selected. You input 25,000 for Start results at and 25,000 for Number of results, and click Save to File to store this second URL to your computer.
Finally, you select the Get Link to Results icon for a third time, again choosing to return the results in csv format, and keep the Stream option selected. You input 50,000 for Start results at and 20,000 for Number of results, and click Save to File to store this third URL to your computer.
Now on your computer you have 3 links, one for the first 25,000 results, one for the second 25,000 results, and one for the last 20,000 results.