Exporting Reports to PDF or Excel Files
Once the query has been completed, the report can be exported to a PDF file or Microsoft Excel File.
Please Note: This export feature will not export the actual files in the system. Instead it will export a list of files and the data of the chosen fields that were selected during the creation of the query.
1. Create a new query report or run an existing saved report.
2. Directly above the query results, click on the export button, located on the left-side of the screen, this button’s icon is displayed as a down facing arrow.
3. Click on either options that displays when the export button is clicked: (1) Export to PDF or (2) Export to Excel.
4. Regardless of which option was selected, a pop-up box will appear that offers the ability to customize the export, such as renaming the exported file’s name.
- If Export to PDF is selected, the pop-up box will include the following customization options
• If Export to Excel is selected, the pop-up box will include the following customization options
5. After customizing the export options, inside the export pop-up box, click on the Generate PDF or Generate Excel button, located at the bottom right-hand side of the pop-up box. Once this button is clicked, the pop-up box will disappear, and the exported file will begin to download.
6. Search the local host computer’s downloads folder, and double click on the exported file to open it.