Exporting Files by Query
The system restricts exporting more than 25,000 files from the platform to the local host machine while using Export by Select. However, the ability to export an unlimited number of files can be completed through Manual Export by Query. Manual data exports can be used to migrate files between storage systems or to extract data and review the files stored in their native format.
Exporting Files After File Search
1. Click on the Files Tab, located in the top navigation menu.
2. Perform any file search using the three query parameters and click the Search button.
3. Without selecting any of the files, click on the Export Data button located in the toolbar.
4. Once clicked, the Export to Location pop-up box will display and offer an Export Location drop-down menu.
5. Select where the files should be exported to by creating a new location or selecting a previously configured location.
If Configuring a New Location:
- Choose [Create New] from the drop-down menu.
- Once all information has been entered into the Export to Location pop-up box, click on the Validate button.
- Click on the Save button, located at the bottom right-hand side of the pop-up box.
- All information will be saved and the Export button will become active.
Once completed, the files will begin to export to the new location.
Selecting a Previously Configured Location:
- Click on the configured location from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Export button, located at the bottom right-hand side of the pop-up box.
Once completed, the files will begin to export to the selected location.
6. To view the exported files, check the location specified during the export process. The folder will display all selected files in their native format.