Configuring AWS S3 Target Service *2.0 Beta*
Aparavi allows business users to automate data actions by linking sources and targets, no code or command line necessary.
Creating targets allows the system to direct data into pre-configured data services. This enables businesses to build custom workflows for data hygiene, compliance, and retention use cases.
Once the target service has been set up, copy actions can also be configured to run in the background and copy the files from the source to the target service.
Please Note: FAT32 file systems, removable and mounted drives cannot be configured as a target service at this time.
Configuring a New AWS S3 Target Service
- Click on the Policies tab, located in the top navigation menu.
2. Click on the Targets subtab.
3. Click on the Add Target button, located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Once this button is clicked, the Add Target pop-up box will appear.
4. Inside of the Add Target pop-up box, select the AWS S3 option listed from the drop-down menu that appears under the Target Type field.
Target Service Options for use with AWS S3 Bucket
This section describes all required fields to complete in order to implement the Target Service for the AWS S3 bucket.
- Select Target Type “AWS S3”
Please Note: You will find the information for the “Access Key” in your AWS Management Console.
- First, go to “Security credentials”
- Choose “Access keys”
- Create New Access Key
- Download your Access and Security Keys and use them as required in the Aparavi Presentation Layer.
- Create a new Bucket in your S3 environment. After, input the bucket name and the AWS region into the corresponding fields located under the Presentation Layer.
2. Click the “Validate” Button located at the bottom of the “Add Target” pop-up box.
3. Once the system has completed validation with the AWS S3 target service, the Ok button will highlight in orange to indicate that the button is now active. Click on the “OK” button in the bottom right-hand corner of the Add Target pop-up box.
Please Note: If the “OK” button is inactive, and unable to be clicked on, this is due to failure of the credentials and should be checked for errors and attempted again using the same steps.
4. Click on the “Save All Changes” button that appeared.
5. Once clicked, the Save Changes pop-up box will appear. Click the “OK” button located in the bottom right-hand side of the pop-up box.
Once all changes have been successfully saved, the AWS S3 target service will appear as an entry under the Targets sub-tab. Also, an alert message will display in the bottom left-hand corner to indicate that the target service has been successfully configured.
AWS S3 Target Service Feature Links
- Configuring a New AWS S3 Target Service
- Inheriting & Uninheriting Target Services From Other Nodes
- Editing an Already Configured Target Service
- Deleting a Target Service